Batman in SM/WW Fanfiction

Post your fics or discuss those from the FanFiction section.

Moderators: DaisyJane, Chaosmob, Isis

Re: Batman in SM/WW Fanfiction

Postby Aries » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Bickerton wrote:ERRRRRGHHHH I alwalys hate it when people Labal Bruce as "The bad boy". Because i dont see him as that. A Bad boy would be some one like Tony Stark. Who sleep around with alot of women and then leaves them a tip. Bruce cant do that and i dont think he wants to. Becauese The only Woman that is in his mind evey night Is Justice.

Bick, I agree with you to a point. Bruce doesn't fit the playboy-badboy category of seducing and sleeping with a woman and forgetting her name by morning type. He has definitely had a lot of relationships with a lot of beautiful women, but he's never really taken advantage of them.

He still is the bad boy in that he works outside the law, tortures (up to a point) and inflicts punishment on criminals. Where other heroes wear bright colours, work with the police/government and rarely inflict any serious harm.

Bruce is definitely the bad boy of the hero community, just not in the romantic department.
Aries
Justice League

Justice League Membership: Nightwing

Postby theamerican » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:25 pm

i did not mean to describe batman in a context that he is a bad boy who sleeps around with a lot of women.

what i meant by bad boy is rather he does not place nice with other heroes. lets face it he can be arrogant, patronizing, and paranoid when around other heroes. that does not mean he is a bad person but he is not necessary the boy next door either.

why i love the bmww pairing is it shows she seems to bring otu a nicer side to him. like in JLA 90 one of Diana's dreams of her and Bruce together, she dreams of Bruce describing her as saving his soul.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson
theamerican
Justice League

Justice League Membership: Lobo

Postby Darkknightsvengence » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:
Bickerton wrote:ERRRRRGHHHH I alwalys hate it when people Labal Bruce as "The bad boy". Because i dont see him as that. A Bad boy would be some one like Tony Stark. Who sleep around with alot of women and then leaves them a tip. Bruce cant do that and i dont think he wants to. Becauese The only Woman that is in his mind evey night Is Justice.

And Catwoman. And Viki Vale. And Poison Ivy. And Talia. And Black Canary. And Zatana. And...someone else...OH YEAH!

woah woah WOAH he slept with Poison Ivy
Bickerton
What a beautiful Picture you paint DKV.
DarknightsVengence
i paint with blood
Bickerton
:shock: :? :? :?
Isis
Yeah...I'm with Bicky.
Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Postby Darkknightsvengence » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 pm

theamerican wrote:i did not mean to describe batman in a context that he is a bad boy who sleeps around with a lot of women.

what i meant by bad boy is rather he does not place nice with other heroes. lets face it he can be arrogant, patronizing, and paranoid when around other heroes. that does not mean he is a bad person but he is not necessary the boy next door either.

why i love the bmww pairing is it shows she seems to bring otu a nicer side to him. like in JLA 90 one of Diana's dreams of her and Bruce together, she dreams of Bruce describing her as saving his soul.

if thats your Definition of a Bad Boy then i am the Lord of Hell and Darkness
Bickerton
What a beautiful Picture you paint DKV.
DarknightsVengence
i paint with blood
Bickerton
:shock: :? :? :?
Isis
Yeah...I'm with Bicky.
Darkknightsvengence
Justice League

Postby theamerican » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Darkknightsvengence wrote:if thats your Definition of a Bad Boy then i am the Lord of Hell and Darkness

:lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Patton
"A people free to choose will always choose peace. "-Ronald Reagan
"...law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-Thomas Jefferson
theamerican
Justice League

Justice League Membership: Lobo

Postby Bickerton » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:40 am

Grendle1853 wrote:

And Catwoman. And Viki Vale. And Poison Ivy. And Talia. And Black Canary. And Zatana. And...someone else...OH YEAH!

EEEEWWWWW That is some crapy wall color that room has.
Grant Morrison’s “bat god” is nothing more than the Adam West Batman modernize
LM: Damian(Robin)Wayne
Bickerton
Justice League

Justice League Membership: Robin [Damian Wayne]

Postby Bickerton » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:48 am

Aries, the amrican I see what your saying but I still dont see batman as a bad boy. But he is One Bad mother Fucker thou.
Bickerton
Justice League

Postby Grendle1853 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:18 am

Darkknightsvengence wrote:
Grendle1853 wrote:

woah woah WOAH he slept with Poison Ivy

Probably not, but at least one person I know believed that they did between the panels in Long Halloween when Ivy had control of Bruce Wayne. However I assume he has thought of her more than once given the occasion flirting between the two of them, and you know because she is rather hot and walks around naked all the time.
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.
Grendle1853
Justice League

Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Postby Grendle1853 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:20 am

Bickerton wrote:
Grendle1853 wrote:

EEEEWWWWW That is some crapy wall color that room has.

:o There are walls behind her?
All thanks to Aries for helping me change my avatar.
Grendle1853
Justice League

Justice League Membership: Martian Man-Hunter

Postby vibcruz » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:24 am

This place remember me that hotel that Clark went with Lois in Superman 2. :D
vibcruz
Sidekick Trainee

Postby Bickerton » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Grendle1853 wrote:[:o There are walls behind her?

[/quote]

What you didn't notice the ugly ass blue wall behind her?
Bickerton
Justice League

Postby Bickerton » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:57 pm

vibcruz wrote:This place remember me that hotel that Clark went with Lois in Superman 2. :D

:lol:
Bickerton
Justice League

Postby Lordfrieza » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:47 am

Below is the closest thing to a realization for SMWW as I am willing to go, and I had to include the entire bit. By the way, if you like this then I suggest that you stop reading about something as horribly written as SMWW and instead go read Memories to a Stranger written by The_Lady_Isis.

The_Lady_Isis wrote:The doubt is gone.

That doubt that sat, cackling, in my jealousy and Lois’s. I know Lois changed her doubt into faith a long time ago, but it’s never been a choice I could make.

They have forever, the two of them. And time heals all wounds. They’re fixed. Lois and I will be dead. They just are. They’re present tense for eternity. And in my head it was as simple as that. They would come together, after who knows how many millennia. Through mutual loneliness if not real desire. That may even have been true.

They won’t now.

Because neither of them will ever forget this moment.

I won’t say Clark gave up on her too easily because if that’s true then the entire world shares his guilt. But he accepted she was dead. He mourned her. He didn’t think about her every second of every day. He wasn’t constantly aware of the gaping hole her absence left. And Diana will never forget that. She’ll never forget the difference between us. While I am the pessimist, he was the one to suggest she wasn’t coming back. It makes me just a little bit sad. Diana knows he gave up on her. It hasn’t only removed what they might have; it’s damaged what they did.

Now...

I've read through all of this, and I have this to say about the entire Superman and Wonder Woman relationship. Most everyone, at one time or another, thought they went well together. Then most of us grew up past five years old and realized that their costumes matching wasn't really a good enough reason for them to be together.

Diana needs someone who is a challenge to her. She needs to be challenged intellectually and spiritually. She needs to have someone who is a contrast to who she is. This helps her grow as a character, and thus it helps the other person grow as well.

Clark... Clark needs someone to ground him. He needs Lois. She's his other half, and he needs to be with her. Lois is written a lot of different ways, in cannon, but most often it's in fan fiction we see some serious alterations. SM/WW either writes her as a back biting, evil, and manipulative bitch, or a near perfect first love that tragically dies. It's only through Diana, and her wonder snatch (yes, that's an actual phrase used by some SMWW shippers), that Clark can move on. They've even went as far as to have Lois visit Diana in her dreams and tell her that she knows Diana can make Superman happy, and to please, chase him down, strip him naked, and fuck him like there is no tomorrow.

SM/WW is a chance to write about two characters, make them fuck for fucking sake, and have no rhyme or reason behind it. It's taking the characters and making them totally OOC.

Have I dabbled in SM/WW? Sure, I did when I wrote Wraiths. It was implied that Diana and Kal had been lovers for a short time. Basically she did what she did because she it was right, and she followed Kal blindly because of the power he held. Finally, when she came to her senses, she returned to Bruce who took her in with open arms, more or less. It painted Bruce as the bigger man. He knew Diana, his Diana, wasn't perfect, and she had made mistakes, but he still wanted and loved her regardless.

That's as close as I've dabbled in it, and I had to make Superman a psychopathic dictator of sorts. So, does it work? No. Plain and simple. End of story.
"The tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister." The Question

League member 'Question'
Lordfrieza
Justice League

Justice League Membership: The Question

Previous

Return to BMWW FanFiction